directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Machols <jmach...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Rethink Subversion
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 22:02:02 GMT
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 16:27, Daniel Rall wrote:
> +1 from me, meaning I'm willing to help ease those growing pains.  I spoke about
> this a bit with Alex at ApacheCon, and he also seemed very interested in trying
> out Subversion.

Thanks Daniel.  Here is how I would like to proceed, let me know what
you think.

I have brought down our CVS tarball from sourceforge.  I will create a
local SVN report and use the cvs2svn to get the initial SVN repo
created.

Once this is done, I will work on moving the directory structures to the
new layout (Which we still to define!).  This is the part I will
probably need some help with.

I will then run the conversion script to change the package names and
add the apache license header to the files.

I will probably only do this with one or two of the root level
directories.  Once it looks like everything works, we will do a code
freeze, and run the process for the entire CVS tarball, and bring the
new subversion repo in.