The Apache Directory Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache Directory Studio 2.0 M1, a first milestone release of the version 2.0 of its Eclipse based LDAP Browser and Directory client.
You can download Apache Directory Studio 2.0 M1 as a standalone RCP application for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows here: http://directory.apache.org/studio/2.0/download
You can install it directly in Eclipse using this update site: http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/2.x/
Here are a few highlights of this new version:
- The Apache Directory LDAP API has now been integrated in Apache Directory Studio:
- it is used as default network provider (as a replacement for JNDI - which is still selectable)
- and also in the Schema Editor plugin for checking the schema inconsistencies
- A new LDAP Servers plugin has been introduced and replaces the ApacheDS plugin:
- it provides an open way to include LDAP Server adapters which allows you create and run a new LDAP Server within seconds
- LDAP Server adapters are provided for all ApacheDS versions from 1.5.3 to the latest milestone 2.0 M4).
- A new ApacheDS 2.0 Configuration plugin takes care of editing the configuration of a 2.0 ApacheDS instance:
- it reads the configuration from the LDIF configuration file on the filesystem
- it can also read the configuration via LDAP using a connection defined in the LDAP Browser
- The RCP application is based on the latest version of Eclipse (3.7.1):
- it is provided in two versions (32 bit and 64 bit) for each major operating system (Mac OS X, Linux & Windows)
- There are a lot more new additions, improvements and bug fixes (see release notes)
Click here to view the Release Notes.