directory-api mailing list archives

From Chris Pike <clp...@psu.edu>
Subject Re: Ldap API Custom Controls
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 22:50:37 GMT
Thanks for the suggestions and code examples. I'll work on adding this new control and let
you know if I have any issues.

~Chris Pike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Emmanuel Lécharny" <elecharny@gmail.com>
To: "api" <api@directory.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 4, 2017 3:46:49 AM
Subject: Re: Ldap API Custom Controls

Le 04/09/2017 à 09:16, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> On 09/04/2017 09:02 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
>> Actually, the tricky part is the grammar, which is a state engine
>> description.
>
> Oh, that is usually not that difficult either. Most of those "custom"
> controls are very simple. Just a couple of fields. Complex data
> structures seem to be very rare. If you start with existing control
> that is somehow similar it is not difficult to implement a new control.

FTR, the code I provided yesterday night in one of my previous mail took
me around 30 mins, all included. For a more complex control, like
syncrepl, that would have takne a bit more time, mainly because you want
to add unit tests to cover teh various cases.

Now, I think that we should provide a bit of documentation about how to
implement a control...

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com