directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP API - Too much ldap connections with LdapConnectionPool
Date Fri, 19 May 2017 14:58:44 GMT

Le 19/05/2017 à 16:29, Berg, R. van den (Robin) a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Nevermind, I found the issue.
> I'll respond so you don't waste your time on this, and perhaps others find use to my
comment.
> The documentation is also a bit ambiguous.
>
> The problem was that I specifically did an 'unbind'. I thought that would be safe.. before
doing a 'bind' with another user on the same connection.
> However, this is something you should specifically NOT do.
> The unbind operation sets the 'connected' flag on false:
> [1864]LDAPNetworkConnection: connected.set( false );
> Therefore, the connection closes, and will be probably 4 min in TIME_WAIT.
> A new one will be made by the next 'bind' operation.
>
> The docs tells us this:
> (http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide/2.2-binding-unbinding.html)
> "Once the user has finished interacting with the server, they can unbind, destroying
the session held on the server. This operation does not close the connection, because, again
bind != connection!"
> However, this is not entirely true because a bit further down in the same documentation-page
the docs tell:
> " This is a trivial operation : you just send an UnbindRequest to the server, which will
invalidate your session.
> It's important to know that when you issue an Unbind, the connection is dropped"

Ah ! Clarly, this is a bug, as unbind is not supposed to close the
connection...

Can you fill a  JIRA so that this wrong beghaviour could be fixed ?

Thanks !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com