directory-api mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP API 1.0-GA preparation
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2017 15:47:14 GMT

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 3:47 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> First of all: Happy New Year. May it be an exciting and interesting one!
>
> It seems to me that having user guides as static pages we create the
> impression that they are applicable to any version available to the
> adopters of our products (old, superseded versions and the latest
> available). We know that that isn't true. As our products evolve, so do our
> user guides.
>
> Would it not be better to recreate the pages in our wiki and per page state
> to which page they are applicable?

Thanks Pierre, same to you!

wrt recreation of pages:

It’s good to have content available both online/offline and that’s easy to use.  If we
were to move away from the website I’d point towards the markdown format (.md), popularized
on github projects rather than yet another HTML website format (wiki).

But, the act of moving a document this large will consume a lot of time and I’m not convinced
it’s where we should be spending our time.

The most important thing is the content is captured in one place, and usable, we can move
it later, if need be.

Thanks,
Shawn