directory-api mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cURRENT uSER gUID XTATUS
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2017 19:33:36 GMT
Started wiki page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_ldap_api

(needs a little love)

Shawn

> On Jan 1, 2017, at 12:07 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Le 01/01/2017 à 16:31, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>>> On Jan 1, 2017, at 5:04 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> now that you have spent some time reading and fixing the current (and
>>> incomplete) DLAP API User Guide, do you have any general remark related
>>> to its content, structure, or whatever ?
>>>
>> Overall structure is pretty good.  It’s broken down in a reasonable way -- basic,
advanced, etc, and the subsections are ordered well.  Nav is easy enough although a (master)
table of contents listing all of the pages, descriptions and status (finished or not) would
be helpful.

>> Content is mixed.  What’s there is quite good but many things not covered.  For
example, security isn't covered.  Of course I suggest it be completed ASAP.  To be fair authN’s
covered in the bind/unbind section but SSL/TLS & authZ isn't.