directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: LDAP API 1.0-GA preparation
Date Sun, 01 Jan 2017 18:05:37 GMT

Le 01/01/2017 à 16:47, Shawn McKinney a écrit :
>> On Jan 1, 2017, at 3:47 AM, Pierre Smits <pierre.smits@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> First of all: Happy New Year. May it be an exciting and interesting one!
>>
>> It seems to me that having user guides as static pages we create the
>> impression that they are applicable to any version available to the
>> adopters of our products (old, superseded versions and the latest
>> available). We know that that isn't true. As our products evolve, so do our
>> user guides.
>>
>> Would it not be better to recreate the pages in our wiki and per page state
>> to which page they are applicable?
> Thanks Pierre, same to you!
>
> wrt recreation of pages:
>
> It’s good to have content available both online/offline and that’s easy to use.
If we were to move away from the website I’d point towards the markdown format (.md), popularized
on github projects rather than yet another HTML website format (wiki).

The current format is markdown, even if the file extension is .mdtext.

> But, the act of moving a document this large will consume a lot of time and I’m not
convinced it’s where we should be spending our time.

I'd rather complete what we have, then try t produce a pdf out of it
should be easy.

> The most important thing is the content is captured in one place, and usable, we can
move it later, if need be.

indeed !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny