directory-api mailing list archives

From Shawn McKinney <smckin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: LDAP API 1.0-GA preparation
Date Sat, 31 Dec 2016 18:00:57 GMT

> On Dec 18, 2016, at 11:54 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Obviously, there is a lot of thing to add... I think the structure might
> also be improved. Anyway, we have something to start with...
>
> If you feel like to start reviewing the completed pages, please do so !

Hello,

I have completed a first-pass over our LDAP API’s user guide.  The goal was to cleanup grammar,
spelling, description semantics, and broken links.  I didn’t add new content, nor did I
alter the structure of any of existing documents.

There are many sections not yet completed but I believe we’re OK for a 1.0 GA (although
the security sections should be completed soon for obvious reasons).

You can review the updated user’s guide here:
http://directory.staging.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

I really like the story.  It should be emphasized once this release becomes public:
http://directory.staging.apache.org/api/user-guide/1.3-apache-ldap-api-rational.html

At the very least we should create a wikipedia page with this as its history.

Let me know if you see any errors that need correcting.

Thanks,
Shawn