directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Last needed feature for teh API : referral handling
Date Sat, 12 Nov 2016 05:49:13 GMT
Hi guys,

there is one last feature that is critical for the API, it's teh
referral handling. Basically, we need to be able to automatically send a
new request when we receive a Referal response. It's not that complex,
we just need to pen a new onnection and send the request.

There are a few things to take care of, naturally :
- we should not end up hoping from referal to referal indefinitively. A
limit has to be set
- we must detect cycles (but that can be done using the above limit).
- we need to distinguish between a referal we must follow from a referal
we must treat as a value. Typically, the second form might be available
for the user to edit it.

I don't think I have forgot any requirement, but feel free to comment
and amend if needed !

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com