directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject API changes impact on ApacheDS, take 6
Date Sun, 29 May 2016 23:47:26 GMT
A good week-end working on the branh...

I was able to get through a lot of issues, and have gone down to 13
failures and 2 errors, out of 573 tests (ie, I have 97% of the tests
passing green ;-)

The remaining errors are mostly specific cases. For instance I found
that we were allowing searches using a filter like '(street >= 3)' which
is non-sensical, as 'street' does not have an ORDERDING MatchingRule.
Otherwise, I had to fix a lot of small things in the API.

>From the performance POV, a lookup done on a single entry is around 40%
faster than what it was (in core-integ, I haven't yet checked the
performance when going through the network). This is quite impressive...

Sadly, the week-end is over, and I'll have to go back to work tomorrow.
I hope to be able to fix the remaining errors in the next coming evenings.