directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New LDAP client patch
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 16:31:05 GMT
Le 10/05/16 17:03, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
>> I have reviewed it, and I must say that having to open many connections
>> and use the one that works sounds a bit overkilling to me.
> Yes. In the normal case. But in case where latency is critical this method may be very
reasonable. I'm OK with that if it is just an optional feature that is not enabled by default.

I don't think that latency comes into play here. This is totally
deterministic, we should be able to open the connection using the right
IP version, it's just a matter of knowing which stack we locally use.
Opening more than one connection is useless, IMHO.

I'll do a little test locally tonite.