directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ldap Bind gives AccessSecurityContext error, data 20ee
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:20:54 GMT
Le 20/10/15 23:32, Jayant Pandit a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am just starting on an app to read users list from LDAP. I am trying the LDAP API for
this. Domain controller is running windows 2012 R2 server. I could do it in .net but I prefer
to do it in Java as the final product will be a web-app. I am trying just a simple bind and
it keeps giving this exception. The statement giving exception is very simple -

> conn.bind("....user dn....","..password..");
>
> The user DN is correct. I found it from the dsquery for the user. If I run it on a computer
outside the domain, not even connected, I get events 2536 and 2537 on the ldap service at
times. I have been trying various things like changing service users etc. so I couldn't keep
track of exactly when I get 2536 and when 2537. If I run the program on the domain controller
itself I get same error but no offending events. Rather confusing. There are no other objectionable
events in the service event log.

Can you try using Directory Studio to bind using this user and creds, to
see what's wrong ?

Otherwise, I have no idea what those 2536/2537 events can be. If you
have more information about what they mean, that would be appreciated.
Same for the errors you get on the domain controller : what are they ?