directory-api mailing list archives

From Mostafa Ahmed Hamed <Mostafa.Ha...@its.ws>
Subject RE: Performance issue LDAP API 1.0.0-M31
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2015 09:42:39 GMT
Hi,

I appreciate your fast response.

I have attached file contains a code sample.
- java version : jrockit_160_05
-ldap api version: LDAP API 1.0.0-M31
-server version : windows server 2008 r2 active directory

-dump file location "open with internet explorer" : https://ftp.its.ws/download?domain=Banking&id=b595b768623c18227d9146ef1632c93

Mostafa.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 9:25 AM
To: api@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Performance issue LDAP API 1.0.0-M31

Le 21/09/15 08:17, Mostafa Ahmed Hamed a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am using LDAP API 1.0.0-M31 to build a simple java application.
> My application flow is:
>
> -          Bind() to ldap using credentials
>
> -          UnBind()
>
> -          Close()
>
> What I have noticed is that when calling Unbind () or close () CPU
> usage increases and the after some time it become 100% utilized which leads to a bad
performance I appreciate if you can help ...

Can you design a very minimal program that proves your point ? Something that do loop over
a bind/unbind/close would help.

Alos provide the Java version you are using, the LDAP API version you are using and the server
you are connecting to (and its versin).

A useful information would also be a thread dump captured when your application is eating
100%CPU.

Thanks for the report !