directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenLDAP schema
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 23:17:10 GMT
Le 23/03/15 09:11, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> On 03/20/2015 04:07 PM, Radovan Semancik wrote:
>> https://github.com/Evolveum/directory-shared/commit/b941ff690a41cd03b31679759dcf2fb367b1cb83
>>

> I had a closer look at this. Tests are failing after my modification.
> The reason seems to be this: (Registries:1344)
>
>     public List<Throwable> add( List<Throwable> errors, SchemaObject
> schemaObject, boolean check ) throws LdapException
>     {
>         // Relax the registries
>         boolean wasRelaxed = isRelaxed;
>         setRelaxed();
>
> This causes that operations that failed before my modifications are no
> longer failing as this explicitly sets relaxed mode.
>
> Is there any particular reason why Registries.add(...) sets relaxed mode?

Sorry, I totally missed to respond to this mail.

yes, there is a good reason for that : if it's not relaxed, the addition
may fail, something we don't want on some use cases (like when we are
creating a brand new schema which may be incorrect, but still want to be
able to play with it).

FTR, I'm currently facing some issues with the OpenLDAP schema, which
declare some MatchingRule which are not visible in the subschema (they
are declared internally as equivalent to another MR). Of course, for the
fun, those invisible MR are used by some AttributeType...