directory-api mailing list archives

From Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject Re: Updating unicodePwd
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:44:23 GMT
There is something else you are missing that AD requires in addition to
the SSL - it is very finicky about setting the password, and I've seen
many times where create-user succeeds but setting the password fails.

Are you properly encoding the password attribute? UTF-16 and quoted?

Here's a good article to reference I just googled:

http://www.dirmgr.com/blog/2010/8/26/ldap-password-changes-in-active-directory.html

Hope this helps...

R-Richard