directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cache support for Apache LDAP
Date Fri, 29 May 2015 14:48:35 GMT
Le 29/05/15 16:27, Bryan Larson a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was browsing through the User Guide for the LDAP project, and I didn't
> see anything explicitly mention cache support.

Because we don't cache anything :-)

> Are there plans to support
> caching in the future, or is there a reason this was left out?

Good question... Caching only makes sense on the client side when the
server supports the Persistent Search control, which can send push
updates to the API.

I would say that it could be an interesting feature to add the the API,
when we have cut the 1.0-GA (hopefully, soon enough).

Interested in working on such an extension ?