directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log Statement in DefaultAttribute
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:25:20 GMT
Le 31/03/15 16:34, Matt Willson a écrit :
> Our application is constantly throwing errors when doing searches because
> some of our LDAP attributes have duplicate values.  The error is somewhat
> related to DIRAPI-196 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-196>.
>
> This is easily duplicated in the SearchResultEntryTest Unit Test.  If you
> replace the last value in the ByteBuffer stream to be 'top' instead of
> 'organizionalunit'.
>
> My main question is can we change the logging level in the DefaultAttribute
> class to warn from error?
> DefaultAttribute:1082
> DefaultAttribute:1136
> DefaultAttribute:1215
>
> I think that this is an 'almost' error but will never cause an actual error
> to occur at a later point in time.

I cpuld argue that your server is faulty if it returns an entry with
duplicate values (which kidn of server is it, btw ? I bet it's AD...).

OTOH, you are right, it's not critical, and we could make it a warning
instead of an error.

Can you create a JIRA, or even better, update
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-196 with your description
of the error, it's way clearer to the actual content of this JIRA.

Thanks !