directory-api mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Schema and network connect improvements (pull request)
Date Wed, 11 Mar 2015 11:50:32 GMT
Hi,

I have created a pull request on github that has some schema and network
connect improvements.

It has a small fix that allow null OIDs in DitStructureRule. I'm not
sure why, but it is needed for OpenDJ schema parsing. But anyway, I
think that the getOid() of
DitStructureRule should not throw exception because that means that
DitStructureRule.hashCode() also throws exception which violates Java
contract for hashCode() method.

The other thing is the ability to set the quirks mode in
DefaultSchemaLoader. I had to add that to the constructor as the schema
is obviously parsed during DefaultSchemaLoader object construction.
Therefore having a setter for it won't be of much use.

The last thing is LdapNetworkConnection.connect(). I have fixed a
timeout bug. The connection timeout was always 30sec before the fix,
regardless of what was actually configured.
I have also improved the method so it will not wait for a timeout if
there is a clear indication that the connection can't be established
(e.g. "connection refused").

The pull request is here:
https://github.com/apache/directory-shared/pull/1

And I also have another result. The directory API with these
modifications seems to work well with OpenDJ 2.6.2 (including good
schema support). Testing with OpenLDAP and 389ds will follow.

--
Radovan Semancik
Software Architect