directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: isHumanReadable in LdapSyntax
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 07:09:01 GMT
Le 06/03/15 07:50, Radovan Semancik a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for comments. I'll have a look at the  *Tags enums. But I guess
> it will be a bit inconvenient for me to work on my github fork and you
> working on svn trunk ...
>
> I would suggest this: let me finish my rudimentary implementation.

I'm already adding the missing parts, and it would not take long to be
done. I'm quite sure it will be completed before the end of this
week-end, based on all the work you have already done, it's going fast
(although I have to do that on my spare time atm).

> Now I have to speed things up a bit, so it probably won't take longer
> than a week or two. I'm using VLV and schema in my LDAP connector for
> midPoint. I'm also working on automated tests that will use
> midPoint+connector+directory API with OpenLDAP and 389ds (I already
> have tests for OpenDJ). Once I have that then I will create a pull
> request so it can get to the directory API project trunk. The code
> will probably be a bit ugly ... but once it is in trunk you are free
> to clean it up. And as I will have the tests I can check that it still
> works after your cleanup ...
>
> I was thinking about how to make unit tests for this directly in the
> directory API project. Simple tests for VLV controls parse and encode
> will be probably a good idea. But this is not really enough to make
> sure that the whole thing really works. Do you have any kind of test
> suite for directory API that is using real LDAP servers?

We do test the API using ApacheDS, which does not currently support VLV
itself, so I guess the best for us is to implement VLV in ApacheDS ;-)

Regardless, what we do usually is that we add unit tests for the encoder
and decoder, in a way we cover all the possible use cases - which is
quite painfull, as we may have many possibilities -. For the VLV codec,
it's not that hard.