directory-api mailing list archives

From Radovan Semancik <radovan.seman...@evolveum.com>
Subject Re: isHumanReadable in LdapSyntax
Date Fri, 06 Mar 2015 06:50:01 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for comments. I'll have a look at the  *Tags enums. But I guess
it will be a bit inconvenient for me to work on my github fork and you
working on svn trunk ...

I would suggest this: let me finish my rudimentary implementation. Now I
have to speed things up a bit, so it probably won't take longer than a
week or two. I'm using VLV and schema in my LDAP connector for midPoint.
I'm also working on automated tests that will use
midPoint+connector+directory API with OpenLDAP and 389ds (I already have
tests for OpenDJ). Once I have that then I will create a pull request so
it can get to the directory API project trunk. The code will probably be
a bit ugly ... but once it is in trunk you are free to clean it up. And
as I will have the tests I can check that it still works after your
cleanup ...

I was thinking about how to make unit tests for this directly in the
directory API project. Simple tests for VLV controls parse and encode
will be probably a good idea. But this is not really enough to make sure
that the whole thing really works. Do you have any kind of test suite
for directory API that is using real LDAP servers?

--

                                            Radovan Semancik
                                           Software Architect