directory-api mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject RE: Proper use of LdapConnectionPool
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 08:16:06 GMT
Well...I can GET data, but not as expected.

So, yes.  I agree...something seems amiss with this AD server.  I may have to start asking
our appointed AD people (or ultimately IBM - ha) for answers.

 - Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 9:39 PM
To: api@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: Proper use of LdapConnectionPool

Le 03/02/15 02:11, Harris, Christopher P a écrit :
> Hi, Kiran.
>
> I followed your advice and used the code from that page to construct and Ldap query using
JNDI.

> The query only returns results when I specify SUBTREE, not when I use the other 2 scopes.
 I also tried all 3 scopes with referrals turned on and off with the same results.

Ok, now that makes more sense, kind of.

> Is there some setting in AD that only allows SUBTREE to be used for queries?

Not that we know.

> Still, SUBTREE would imply that an actual mass of person entries, instead of 1 person
entries, would be returned if I searched for the CEO for example.

> I may just have to search using SUBTREE, expect it to incorrectly act like OBJECT_SCOPE,
and execute a filter/query that returns every active employee account.

> Advice, thoughts?

It makes no sense... If you can't get data out of the AD server, either with the Apache LDAP
API, or with JNDI, that means something is severely broken on your AD server...

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer