directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proper use of LdapConnectionPool
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2015 07:51:42 GMT
Le 04/02/15 00:26, Harris, Christopher P a écrit :
> Emmanuel/Stefan,
>
> Yes.  I'm currently exploring this route.  It seems like the easier approach.
>
> The only issue that I'm encountering now is that the AD admins have set a cap on the
number of returned entries to 20,000.

That a limit you can change on AD, but you need to be an administrator
of this server.

Another option is to use PagedSearch in this case, allowing you to get
data by chuncks, as suggested by Stefan.

> Our AD tree is primarily organized into global regions.  So, I can set each region as
a search base, construct a search filter that utilizes many criteria, and execute a search
per region.  Some regions will have to be broken into sub-regions, because some regions, such
as North America and Europe contain over 20,000 entries so far...

> Still, I may need to employ multi-threading for each AD search against a region to speed
things along.
As soon as your client is fast enough to deal with it, I see no reason
not to use one thread per region.