directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proper use of LdapConnectionPool
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2015 03:38:56 GMT
Le 03/02/15 02:11, Harris, Christopher P a écrit :
> Hi, Kiran.
>
> I followed your advice and used the code from that page to construct and Ldap query using
JNDI.

> The query only returns results when I specify SUBTREE, not when I use the other 2 scopes.
 I also tried all 3 scopes with referrals turned on and off with the same results.

Ok, now that makes more sense, kind of.

> Is there some setting in AD that only allows SUBTREE to be used for queries?

Not that we know.

> Still, SUBTREE would imply that an actual mass of person entries, instead of 1 person
entries, would be returned if I searched for the CEO for example.

> I may just have to search using SUBTREE, expect it to incorrectly act like OBJECT_SCOPE,
and execute a filter/query that returns every active employee account.

> Advice, thoughts?

It makes no sense... If you can't get data out of the AD server, either
with the Apache LDAP API, or with JNDI, that means something is severely
broken on your AD server...