directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about LDAP API
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 18:07:19 GMT
Le 16/12/14 17:34, rodolfo23cr . a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a small application to examine and manipulate an LDAP server
> entries. I noticed in the user guide that there are several calls that are
> not documented, are they already implemented?
Yes. The Javadoc should be more explicit that the (currently) blank
pages. (http://directory.apache.org/api/gen-docs/latest/apidocs/)

> and is there a list of the
> features that are ready to be used in a production environment?
Every thing.

There is only one thing we don't support yet, which is Referral handling
on  the client side. More specifically, we don't chase referrals
automatically, but you can do it manually.

> Finally I
> would like to ask if there's any call that would let me change the DN of an
> entry programatically meaning the attribute that identifies the entry.
A DN is a list of RDN; You can get the left most RDN by doing
Dn.getRdn(). Dn being immutable, you will have to construct a new Dn
where the parent Rdn contains your own attribute and value, and append
the Dn.getParent() part (ie, the Dn without the left most Rdn).

Hope it helps.