directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: modify extension - should be "modify-increment extension"
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 13:24:41 GMT
Le 12/11/14 13:55, Frank Crow a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> Sorry for the duplicate post.   It turns out that my work email server
> filters mailing lists.   I wouldn't have even known if I hadn't checked the
> archives this morning.   Please disregard the previous thread "modify
> extension".   I also realized that I was asking the wrong question after
> Kiran replied.
>
> I would like to implement the "modify-increment" extension (RFC 4525) using
> the Apache LDAP API.   Can anyone give me pointers on how to do that?
There are three aspects to deal with :

1) The ModifyRequest has to be modified. More specifcially, the
ModificationOperation class, and the StoreOperationType class.
2) The Ldif parser has to be modified
3) The API should check if the server support the operation before
sending the request.

Not that complex...