directory-api mailing list archives

From prabhjot singh <er.prabhj...@gmail.com>
Subject Generic LDAP client + Authentication
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 10:55:31 GMT
Hi there,

I've been given a task to build services which act as LDAP client across
multiple vendors (OpenLDAP & ActiveDirectory to begin with). Basically,
others are free to call these services with basic queries to get all
users/groups etc.

I'm looking for guidance on following points.

1.) How do you recommend on implementing paging functionality? I see this
post on SO and doesn't seem straight forward because of lack of support
from LDAP.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7679556/in-net-4-0-can-directorysearch-return-ldap-results-in-a-way-that-allows-me-to

2.) I've to build an "authentication" functionality as well. This should
also support Simple, Digest & NTLM auth schemes. What's the best way of
going about it? I'm currently using LdapConnectionTemplate.authenticate
<http://directory.apache.org/api/gen-docs/1.0.0-M23/apidocs/org/apache/directory/ldap/client/template/LdapConnectionTemplate.html#authenticate(org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn,
char[])>. How do I develop support for other auth mechanisms?

Appreciate your help on this.

--
Thanks,
Prabhjot