directory-api mailing list archives

From prabhjot singh <>
Subject Generic LDAP client + Authentication
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2014 10:55:31 GMT
Hi there,

I've been given a task to build services which act as LDAP client across
multiple vendors (OpenLDAP & ActiveDirectory to begin with). Basically,
others are free to call these services with basic queries to get all
users/groups etc.

I'm looking for guidance on following points.

1.) How do you recommend on implementing paging functionality? I see this
post on SO and doesn't seem straight forward because of lack of support
from LDAP.

2.) I've to build an "authentication" functionality as well. This should
also support Simple, Digest & NTLM auth schemes. What's the best way of
going about it? I'm currently using LdapConnectionTemplate.authenticate
char[])>. How do I develop support for other auth mechanisms?

Appreciate your help on this.