directory-api mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject Trying to get LdapConnectionTemplate working
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 23:42:03 GMT
Hi,

I've been following the example code from Section 2.10 using v1.0.0-M24.  My goal is to use
an LdapConnectionTemplate to bind to AD, return a response/cursor, and use an EntryMapper
to map each cursor iteration's value to a Person object.

I'm getting the following error message:
ERR_02002_FAILURE_ON_UNDERLYING_CURSOR Failure on underlying Cursor

I'm not sure what's wrong at this point.  I have a basic query example working that doesn't
use a template.

I'm including my code, which contains the method with the basic query that does work and the
method with the query using the template that doesn't work.

Can you help me figure out why searchLdapForCeoUsingTemplate() is not working?

Here's LdapClient.java:
/**
*
 */

import java.io.IOException;
import java.util.List;
import java.util.concurrent.TimeUnit;
import java.util.logging.Level;
import java.util.logging.Logger;

import org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.cursor.CursorException;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.cursor.SearchCursor;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.entry.Entry;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.Response;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchRequest;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchRequestImpl;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchResultDone;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchResultEntry;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.SearchScope;
import org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.DefaultLdapConnectionFactory;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapConnection;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapConnectionConfig;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapConnectionPool;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.PoolableLdapConnectionFactory;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.SearchCursorImpl;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.template.EntryMapper;
import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.template.LdapConnectionTemplate;

/**
* @author Chris Harris
*
*/
public class LdapClient {

               public LdapClient() {

               }

               private static final EntryMapper personEntryMapper =
                              new EntryMapper<Person>() {
                                             @Override
                                             public Person map( Entry entry ) throws LdapException
{
                                                            return new Person.Builder()
                                                                           .setFirstName(entry.get(
"givenName" ).getString())
                                                                           .setLastName(entry.get(
"sn" ).getString())
                                                                           .build();
                                             }
                              };

               public Person searchLdapForCeoUsingTemplate() {
                              LdapConnectionConfig config = new LdapConnectionConfig();
                              config.setLdapHost( <my host> );
                              config.setLdapPort( <my port> );
                              config.setName( <my DN> );
                              config.setCredentials( <my Password> );

                              DefaultLdapConnectionFactory factory = new DefaultLdapConnectionFactory(
config );
                              factory.setTimeOut( 30000 );

                              // optional, values below are defaults
                              GenericObjectPool.Config poolConfig = new GenericObjectPool.Config();
                              poolConfig.lifo = true;
                              poolConfig.maxActive = 8;
                              poolConfig.maxIdle = 8;
                              poolConfig.maxWait = -1L;
                              poolConfig.minEvictableIdleTimeMillis = 1000L * 60L * 30L;
                              poolConfig.minIdle = 0;
                              poolConfig.numTestsPerEvictionRun = 3;
                              poolConfig.softMinEvictableIdleTimeMillis = -1L;
                              poolConfig.testOnBorrow = false;
                              poolConfig.testOnReturn = false;
                              poolConfig.testWhileIdle = false;
                              poolConfig.timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis = -1L;
                              poolConfig.whenExhaustedAction = GenericObjectPool.WHEN_EXHAUSTED_BLOCK;

                              LdapConnectionTemplate ldapConnectionTemplate =
                                  new LdapConnectionTemplate( new LdapConnectionPool(
                                      new PoolableLdapConnectionFactory( factory ), poolConfig
) );

                              List<Person> allThePeople = ldapConnectionTemplate.search(
                                                 <my search base>,
                                                 <my query string>,
                                                 SearchScope.SUBTREE,
                                                 personEntryMapper );

                              for (Person p : allThePeople) {
                                             System.out.println(p.getFirstName());
                                             System.out.println(p.getLastName());
                              }

                              return allThePeople.get(0);
               }

               public Entry searchLdapForCeo() {
                              SearchCursor cursor = new SearchCursorImpl(null, 30000, TimeUnit.SECONDS);
        LdapConnection connection = new LdapNetworkConnection(<my host>, <my port>);
        Entry entry = null;
        try {
            connection.bind(<my DN>, <my password>);

            SearchRequest sr = new SearchRequestImpl();
           sr.setBase(new Dn(<my search base>));
            StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder(<my query string>);
            sr.setFilter(sb.toString());
            sr.setScope( SearchScope.SUBTREE );
            cursor = connection.search(sr);
            Response response;

            while (cursor.next() && cursor.isEntry()) {
                response = cursor.get();
                System.out.println(((SearchResultEntry)response).getEntry());
                entry = cursor.getEntry();
            }

            SearchResultDone done = cursor.getSearchResultDone();
        } catch (LdapException ex) {
            Logger.getLogger(LdapClient.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
        } catch (CursorException ex) {
            Logger.getLogger(LdapClient.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
        } finally {
            cursor.close();
            try {
                connection.close();
            } catch (IOException ex) {
                Logger.getLogger(LdapClient.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, null, ex);
            }
        }
        return entry;
               }
}

Here's Person.java:
/**
*
 */

public class Person {

       protected Person() {

       }

       public static class Builder {
             private Person person;

             public Builder() {
                    this.person = new Person();
             }

             public Builder setFirstName(String firstName) {
                    this.person.firstName = firstName;
                    return this;
             }

             public Builder setLastName(String lastName) {
                    this.person.lastName = lastName;
                    return this;
             }

             public Person build() {
                    return this.person;
             }
       }

       private String firstName;
       private String lastName;

       public String getFirstName() {
             return firstName;
       }
       public void setFirstName(String firstName) {
             this.firstName = firstName;
       }
       public String getLastName() {
             return lastName;
       }
       public void setLastName(String lastName) {
             this.lastName = lastName;
       }
}

Here's my JUnit test:
/**
*
 */

import static org.junit.Assert.*;

import org.junit.After;
import org.junit.AfterClass;
import org.junit.Before;
import org.junit.BeforeClass;
import org.junit.Test;

public class LdapClientTest {

       private static LdapClient ldapClient;

       @BeforeClass
       public static void setUpBeforeClass() throws Exception {
             ldapClient = new LdapClient();
       }

       @Before
       public void setUp() throws Exception {
       }

       @Test
       public void testSearchLdapForCeo() {
             assertNotEquals(null, ldapClient.searchLdapForCeo());
       }

       @Test
       public void testSearchLdapForCeoUsingLdapSearchTemplate() {
             assertNotEquals(null, ldapClient.searchLdapForCeoUsingTemplate());
       }

       @After
       public void tearDown() throws Exception {
       }

       @AfterClass
             public static void tearDownAfterClass() throws Exception {
       }
}

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of
any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer