directory-api mailing list archives

From Flavio Mattos <flaviomatto...@gmail.com>
Subject Possible bug when adding {sha} password
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2014 22:17:10 GMT
Hi everyone!

I have noticed a strange behaviour/bug using the client API when I try to
create entries with encrypted password using {SHA}.

What is happening is: For some reason the API is adding a " ' " for a few
entries. To make sure the problem is not with my code I have tried to use a
hard-coded value and the problem still happening.
When I go to the Apache Directory Studio the password is like this:
'{sha}W6ph5Mm5Pz8GgiULbPgzG37mj9g=' and instead of being {sha} encrypted it
becomes plain text password.

That is result of the toString method.
Entry:
    dn: uid=30,ou=customer_db,,dc=example,dc=com
    objectclass: inetOrgPerson
    objectclass: organizationalPerson
    objectclass: person
    objectclass: top
    stateorprovincename: NY
    postalcode: 10475
    mail: unittest30@example.com
    sn: Doe
    userpassword: {sha}W6ph5Mm5Pz8GgiULbPgzG37mj9g=
    cn: John
    street: 999 N TEST AVE
    givenname: John
    localityname: UNITED STATES

Does anybody know if there is a bug already registered for this?

Thanks

Flavio