directory-api mailing list archives

From Daniel Fisher <dfis...@vt.edu>
Subject Re: X509 Certificate based authentication w/ssl
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 15:51:37 GMT
On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 9:24 AM, Michael Moorman <
michael.e.moorman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked into it and it seems that someone has already requested this
> feature in 2011: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-743
>
> Is there any interest in enhancing the API to support client certificate
> authentication? It seems like the server project will eventually implement
> it.  I'd wager that there are many others like me out there who use the
> directory API to connect to a non-Apache Directory LDAP servers - not by
> choice, mind you :-)

If you're talking about TLS client authentication, the API supports this:
http://directory.apache.org/api/gen-docs/latest/apidocs/org/apache/directory/ldap/client/api/LdapConnectionConfig.html#setKeyManagers(javax.net.ssl.KeyManager[])

If you're referring to SASL external binds, there is an open issue for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRAPI-105

--Daniel Fisher