directory-api mailing list archives

From Michael Moorman <michael.e.moor...@gmail.com>
Subject X509 Certificate based authentication w/ssl
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:59:12 GMT
Hello all,

This is my first time posting to this list. I'd like to say thank you and
great job to the developers and testers responsible for creating the
directory API.

I would like know if X509 certificate based authentication with ssl is
possible to achieve with the latest version of the directory API. In other
systems, this is known as a "Strong" bind, or "Certificate Based Client
Authentication". In this mode, the server requests that the client send a
certificate to identify itself.  Here is a (very old) example from the
Netscape Java 4.0 SDK:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/816-6402-10/ssl.htm#2847694

I have spent the last week going through the available documentation and
have been trying to experiment with various BindRequest and
ConnectionConfig options. The SSL connection is working, but I have not
been able to make any headway in certificate authentication between the
client and server.

If it is indeed possible to make a bind of this type, would someone mind
sharing an example? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike M