directory-api mailing list archives

From Jim Constantine <jaconstant...@hotwire.com>
Subject binding and active directory
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2013 02:12:07 GMT

Hi,
I'm using apache.directory.api with Active Directory.  My directory does not
allow anonymous binding, so I'm binding with domain credentials in the form:
domain\userid and password.   The only way I could get bind to succeed was
to use this form:

            // of course AD is different here
            BindRequest br = new BindRequestImpl();
            br.setSimple(true);
            br.setName(bindUser);
            br.setCredentials(bindPw);

            BindResponse bir = connection.bind(br);

The bind is successful, but I'm getting a warning log message.

[main] WARN org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.BindRequestImpl - Enable to convert
the name to a DN.
org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapInvalidDnException: ERR_04202 A value is
missing on some RDN
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn.<init>(Dn.java:279)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.name.Dn.<init>(Dn.java:211)
	at org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.message.BindRequestImpl.setName(BindRequestImpl.java:213)
        …

First off the message has a typo:  Enable should be Unable
Secondly the bind succeeds.  So what I want to know is, should I be performing the bind differently
avoid the warning?

Thanks.