directory-api mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: building the API in Eclipse
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 05:45:19 GMT
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Richard Sand <rsand@idfconnect.com> wrote:

> Hi all - just sharing some things I learned today setting up the API source
> in Eclipse.
>
> If you try to check out the entire API trunk (i.e.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/trunk/) into a single
> Eclipse project, you will get an epic failure. The problem seems to be with
> the Eclipse Maven (m2e) integration. Doing "New-->Checkout Project from
> SVN"

personally I(guess most of us) never use this plugin, we all use terminal
to do the checkout,
building and then run mvn eclipse:eclipse to finally import the projects
into eclipse.
most of the times these maven plugins in IDE download the whole internet
whenever a file is
saved (cause of the maven builder)

--
Kiran Ayyagari