directory-api mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persistent Search
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 12:31:49 GMT
On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 4:52 PM, Alexander Broekhuis <
> a.broekhuis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks for the quick reply.

>> and
>> > it
>> > will wait for
>> > the incoming results, just make sure you increase the timeout either at
>> the
>> > connection (setTimeOut)
>> > level or in the SearchRequest (setTimeLimit())
>> >

>> Thanks for the explanation. So this means I have to create a thread myself
>> to handle changes etc. Also, in my test, existing entries are not part of
>> the result, is this intended? In other words, I have to do a "normal"
>> query
>> for existing entries, and the persistent one for changes?
>>
>> by setting the changesOnly flag ( setChangesOnly(false)) to false you can
> get all the
> entries as well (but appears that this flag is ignored now )

To make this work, we need to let the API codec service about the
corresponding control's factory class
by setting the system property
        System.setProperty( StandaloneLdapApiService.DEFAULT_CONTROLS_LIST,
"org.apache.directory.api.ldap.codec.controls.search.persistentSearch.PersistentSearchFactory");

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com