directory-api mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent Search
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2013 11:22:01 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

> > you get the results asynchronously, i.e, you leave the loop running and
> it
> will wait for
> the incoming results, just make sure you increase the timeout either at the
> connection (setTimeOut)
> level or in the SearchRequest (setTimeLimit())

Thanks for the explanation. So this means I have to create a thread myself
to handle changes etc. Also, in my test, existing entries are not part of
the result, is this intended? In other words, I have to do a "normal" query
for existing entries, and the persistent one for changes?

Is there any helper class in the Ldap API which makes this simpler for me
to use? For example a listener model with callback methods?

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis