directory-api mailing list archives

From Alexander Broekhuis <a.broekh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent Search
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 06:31:35 GMT
> To make this work, we need to let the API codec service about the
> corresponding control's factory class
> by setting the system property
>         System.setProperty( StandaloneLdapApiService.DEFAULT_CONTROLS_LIST,
>
> "org.apache.directory.api.ldap.codec.controls.search.persistentSearch.PersistentSearchFactory");

Thanks, I'll try this.

But somehow I don't yet fully understand the principles behind the API. I
am not familiar with LDAP and/or JNDI, so perhaps I am missing some basic
knowledge. Would it make sense to read more about LDAP and JNDI to
understand how I should use the API?

The problems I am now running into are:
I am trying to make a listener like class that tracks a certain DN. So I am
using a persistent search and for each entry I can call a callback method.
But I don't know how to tell what the ChangeType of a new entry (updated
cursor) is.

What I could find was that I need to use the EntryChange control from the
response. To do this I now use setReturnECs on the PersistentSearch
control, but I can't find any controls on the Response I get from the
Cursor. What am I doing wrong?

The system property in combination with setChangesOnly(false) works, so I
am now seeing existing entries as well.

Again, thanks for your help, and any pointers to some more documentation
are also welcome!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis