directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistent Search
Date Tue, 23 Jul 2013 06:43:41 GMT
Le 7/23/13 8:31 AM, Alexander Broekhuis a écrit :
>> To make this work, we need to let the API codec service about the
>> corresponding control's factory class
>> by setting the system property
>>         System.setProperty( StandaloneLdapApiService.DEFAULT_CONTROLS_LIST,
>>
>> "org.apache.directory.api.ldap.codec.controls.search.persistentSearch.PersistentSearchFactory");
>>
> Thanks, I'll try this.
>
> But somehow I don't yet fully understand the principles behind the API. I
> am not familiar with LDAP and/or JNDI, so perhaps I am missing some basic
> knowledge. Would it make sense to read more about LDAP and JNDI to
> understand how I should use the API?

Don't read anything about JNDI : this API is pure crap, and diverge from
LDAP so much that it will make you having headaches...

Reading a few things about LDAP would help though.

OTOH, we should update the site to give more information to users ;-)

> The problems I am now running into are:
> I am trying to make a listener like class that tracks a certain DN. So I am
> using a persistent search and for each entry I can call a callback method.
> But I don't know how to tell what the ChangeType of a new entry (updated
> cursor) is.

With the PersistentSearch, you will be get back any entry that has been
modified, but you won't know which modification has been done on the
entry. For that, you have to check the EntryChange control that is
returned with any SearchResultEntry.

> What I could find was that I need to use the EntryChange control from the
> response. To do this I now use setReturnECs on the PersistentSearch
> control, but I can't find any controls on the Response I get from the
> Cursor. What am I doing wrong?

We are chekcing if ther eis not a bug in this area...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,