directory-api mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject fixing the "5 minute example" page
Date Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:18:44 GMT
Hi all - this is the first time I’m using the Apache DS API, migrating over from the JNDI
and Netscape libraries.

The "5 minute example" page has several errors on it, I'm guessing because it hasn't been
updated for the 2.0 API.

Here's what I've found (not trying to nitpick, but it's probably worth fixing now - just that
whole "first impression" notion...)

The connection example is incorrect on how to create an LdapConnection, since that is an interface.
It should instead read:

     LdapConnection connection = new LdapNetworkConnection( "localhost", 389 );

Also the search method returns a different object now:

        EntryCursor cursor = connection.search("ou=system", "(objectclass=*)", SearchScope.ONELEVEL,
"*");

        while (cursor.next()) {
            Entry nextEntry = cursor.get();
            // process the entry...