directory-api mailing list archives

From "Richard Sand" <rs...@idfconnect.com>
Subject API behavior questions
Date Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:01:47 GMT
Hi all - I've a couple of quick questions I wanted to bounce off the list here, being new to
the API, about the API behavior. Just want to make sure I do the proper amount of defensive
programming...

1) Does LdapConnection.search(..) ever return null? My understanding is that if there are
no results it'll still return a Cursor, but then Cursor.next() will return false.

2) Is there ever a condition where Entry.containsAttribute would return true, but a call to
Entry.get() returned null?

3) Is there ever a condition where Entry.getAttributes() returns null, as opposed to an empty
collection?

4) Ditto for Attribute.iterator() - is it ever null, or will it always exist but sometimes
just be empty?

5) What needs to happen to have the results of calls to LdapConnection.search(..) return entries
for which isSchemaAware is true?

6) I'm assuming that when an entry is schemaAware, calls to isHumanReadable and getAttributeType
will be populated per the schema?

Thanks for any input!

Best regards,

Richard