directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Utility for DN character escaping?
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:25:28 GMT
Le 6/12/13 4:09 PM, ernie kovak a écrit :
> H'mmm... yes, a very hard problem. While RFC2253 does say that the DN is comma-separated
attribute-value pairs, commas can be embedded and you'd have to know all of the attributes
available. I think I'll ignore this for now. :)

Thinking twice about your need, I think this is doable, assuming we have
a DN which is not a String. We could perfectly provide a Dn.escape()
method that creates a String which can be send to a remote server.

Would you please create a JIRA with such a request ?

Many thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,