directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Utility for DN character escaping?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 14:17:49 GMT
Le 6/12/13 4:09 PM, ernie kovak a écrit :
> H'mmm... yes, a very hard problem. While RFC2253 does say that the DN is comma-separated
attribute-value pairs, commas can be embedded and you'd have to know all of the attributes
available. I think I'll ignore this for now. :)

I don't know if it can be of any help, but we have a method that can be
use to escape any special chas in a RDN value : Rdn.escapeValue( String ).

The thing is that you will have to iterate on all the RDNs, and to build
your DN yourself.

Last, not least, as a RDN may contain more than one value (aka AVA)
(like in cn=john+surname=doe), you will have to iterate on all the
AVAs.Ernie

--
Regards,
Cordialement,