directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Async operations callbacks support
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:20:50 GMT
Le 1/2/13 3:18 PM, Piotr Bzdyl a écrit :
> That would mean implementing and maintaining Futures supporting
> callback when we have such implementation available from Guava. Are
> you sure it's a better way to add support for callbacks?

Using another dependency is problematic, especially Guava. The policy
that rules Guava is totally opaque, nobody can propose patches that get
committed (https://plus.google.com/113026104107031516488/posts/ZRdtjTL1MpM).

Plus, I don't think it's necessary to add an extra layer, when we can
just inject a callback into the async method call, which is probably
simpler than injecting the callback in a Future. But you can do both :
injecting the callback into the method call, or into the Future.

In other words, using Guava seems a bit too heavy...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,