directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection.getSchemaManager() returns null
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 18:43:18 GMT
On 12/10/11 7:25 PM, Christoph Czurda wrote:

> On 12/10/2011 06:29 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 12:25 PM, Christoph Czurda
>> <hasnoadditives@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Why does connection.getSchemaManager() return null? My connection is
>>> connected and bound.
>>>
>> you have to call connection.loadSchema() first.
> I did that and then it worked, thank you.
>>> I want to add a custom ObjectClass which is why I need the SchemaManager.
>> if you want to add new entries based on this objectclass then you
>> should add that in the server
> Using ApacheDS I guess I do this by placing an ldif file containing my
> object class somewhere into instances/default/partitions/schema ? Could
> you point out to me how to find the exact location?
depends on the schema you are updating.

Let's say you are updating cn=other, and that you are adding an
ObjectClass. You have to add the ObjectClass ldif file in :

instances/default/partitions/schema/ou=schema/cn=other/ou=objectclasses

If this ou=objectclasses directory does not exist, create it.

The ObjectClass must be a ldif file which name is m-oid=<your oid>.ldif

You can create this ldif file using Apache directory studio.

You also have to restart the server.

Note that you can also inject your new ObjectClass into the server using the same LDIF file,
it will be available directly.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,