directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection.getSchemaManager() returns null
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2011 17:36:15 GMT
On 12/10/11 6:25 PM, Christoph Czurda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Why does connection.getSchemaManager() return null? My connection is
> connected and bound.

If no schema is loaded, the schemaManager will be null.

This version of the API currently does not read the schema from the
remote server other than Apache DS.

Right now, we just support the loading of a local schema, in a LDIF
format. i'm not quite sure that it's what you want though.

The code that loads the schema from the remote server is still brittle,
and need to be tested against many different servers, but we can
probably write a preliminary version for a server like OpenLDAP in a
matter of a couple of days.

I would suggest that you create a JIRA for that.
--
Regards,
Cordialement,