directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new LdapNetworkConnection throws Illegal Argument exception
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 08:48:39 GMT
On 12/5/11 7:40 AM, Christoph Czurda wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have tried to connect to ApacheDS server using LDAP api. However I got
> the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "pool-16-thread-1"
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: factory
> 	at
> org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.<init>(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:73)
> 	at
> org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.<init>(LdapNetworkConnection.java:229)
>

> The exception is thrown here:
>
> LdapConnection connection = new LdapNetworkConnection( "localhost", 10389 );
>
> What could be the problem?

It's a bit complicated. You need to have a ProtocolCodecFactory loaded
before being able to instanciate the ProtocolCodecFilter class, and that
means you must  include the
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.protocol.mina.LdapProtocolCodecFactory
class into your environment. This class is loaded using reflection,
unless you specify another one, and it's present in the
shared-ldap-net-mina jar.

Include it into your loaded bundles, and you should be fine (assuming
ypu also have the bundles this bundle depends on present too.)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,