directory-api mailing list archives

From Christoph Czurda <hasnoadditi...@gmail.com>
Subject new LdapNetworkConnection throws Illegal Argument exception
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 06:40:24 GMT
Hi!

I have tried to connect to ApacheDS server using LDAP api. However I got
the following error:

Exception in thread "pool-16-thread-1"
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: factory
	at
org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.<init>(ProtocolCodecFilter.java:73)
	at
org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.LdapNetworkConnection.<init>(LdapNetworkConnection.java:229)

The exception is thrown here:

LdapConnection connection = new LdapNetworkConnection( "localhost", 10389 );

What could be the problem?

I should mention that I am writing an OSGi bundle which attempts to
create a connection to a server instance running outside of OSGi.

I am using ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3 and I have tried both LDAP Api 1.0.0-M8 and
1.0.0-M9-SNAPSHOT, both with the same result.

Thanks for helping!

Kind regards,
Christoph