directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M6 has been released !
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 14:26:19 GMT
On 8/5/11 2:42 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> How stable is the API?

Let's consider the two meanings 'stable' can have in this context :
- first, is the API usable ? Yes. We use it in Apache Directory Server
and in Apache Studio for more than 6 months, and we only have had a few
serious issue so far.
- second, considering the API evolution, most of the work has already
been done. We will most certainly rename the packages before RC1,
probably improve the schema management too.

So if you intend to use the API for an application which will go on
production for years, you'll probably better waiting for the package
renaming to occur (in august). If you want to test it and see if it's
more convenient than, say, JNDI, then feel free to play with it.

In any case, we will be around to help you if you have issues with the API !

PS : this is the 6th release since february, so the API is evolving
fast, or at least has evolved fast at the beginning.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,