directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache LDAP API 1.0.0-M6 has been released !
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 07:26:51 GMT
The Apache Directory team is proud to announce the availability of the
1.0.0-M6 version of the Apache Directory LDAP API.

The Apache LDAP client API is an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced
LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and
Mozilla LDAP API).

This is a schema aware API, with some convenient ways to access a LDAP
server. This API is not only targetting the Apache Directory Server, but
should work pristine with any LDAP server.

It's also an extensible API : new Controls, schema elements and network
layer could be added or used in the near future. It's also OSGi capable.

This is the third official milestone, we will release few more milestone
versions before a release candidate,  but the current version has
already been validated in Directory Studio and in the Apache Directory
Server. Its documentation is currently under construction.

In this milestone, we have fixed many issues, one of them being critical :

Release Notes - Directory Client API - Version 1.0.0-M6 - HTML format
Configure Release Notes
Bug

     [DIRAPI-49] - LdapNetworkConnection.anonymousBind() uses name and
credentials from configuration instead of empty values
     [DIRAPI-50] - Add additional GssApiRequest property
     [DIRAPI-51] - Add cipher suite support to LdapConnectionConfig
     [DIRAPI-52] - Connection seems to remain opened, leading to 'Too
many open files' on some servers

Improvement

     [DIRAPI-48] - Improve error reporting when an
UnresolvedAddressException is thrown while connecting

Feel free to experiment, we highly appreciate your feedback !

Web site : http://directory.apache.org/api/
Download : http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
User Guide : http://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide.html

--