directory-api mailing list archives

From Daniel Fisher <>
Subject LdapCodecService and Felix
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 03:57:57 GMT
The LdapNetworkConnection class gets a singleton instance of
StandaloneLdapCodecService which starts Felix. I don't see any code
that shuts down that instance and it appears to block until that
happens. The following code illustrates what I'm seeing: (using

public class Test
    LdapNetworkConnection lc = new LdapNetworkConnection();
    // uncomment to fix
    //StandaloneLdapCodecService cs =
    //  (StandaloneLdapCodecService) lc.getCodecService();

As is, the main method will block forever. If you uncomment the call
to shutdown(), main exits cleanly.

Are clients responsible for managing the LdapCodecService, have I miss
configured something, or is this a bug?

--Daniel Fisher

View raw message