directory-api mailing list archives

From Daniel Fisher <dfis...@vt.edu>
Subject LdapCodecService and Felix
Date Sat, 07 May 2011 03:57:57 GMT
The LdapNetworkConnection class gets a singleton instance of
StandaloneLdapCodecService which starts Felix. I don't see any code
that shuts down that instance and it appears to block until that
happens. The following code illustrates what I'm seeing: (using
1.0.0-M3)

import org.apache.directory.ldap.client.api.*;
import org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.standalone.*;

public class Test
{
  {
    LdapNetworkConnection lc = new LdapNetworkConnection();
    // uncomment to fix
    //StandaloneLdapCodecService cs =
    //  (StandaloneLdapCodecService) lc.getCodecService();
    //cs.shutdown();
  }
}

As is, the main method will block forever. If you uncomment the call
to shutdown(), main exits cleanly.

Are clients responsible for managing the LdapCodecService, have I miss
configured something, or is this a bug?

--Daniel Fisher