directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Shared] API Design Questionnaire #1
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 20:34:39 GMT
On 1/30/11 7:07 PM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM, Stefan Seelmann<seelmann@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Alex Karasulu<akarasulu@apache.org>
>> wrote:

>> AddRequest*Impl*
>> us
>> an

>> this

>>> When there's a push to release a 1.0 of an API, we need to make the API
>>> consistent. I can do this myself but the community way is to have a
>>> discussion. If  you do not want to discuss this feel free not to
>>> participate, or say you don't care.
>> I don't see that anyone said that the API development should not be
>> community driven.
>>
> I did not suggest anyone said that. If you read above I am saying I have no
> choice but to post and share with the community rather than do it myself.

We have to be careful in our phrasing. Or we should be careful in the
way we understand things.

The *I* notation in shared has been added temporarily in order to ease
the refactoring, and should be removed in trunk.

Again, injecting them in trunk was probably a wrong move, and should
have been done in a branch. We all know that...

Ok, assuming that this was just a misunderstanding, I guess we can move on.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,