directory-api mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Close api@ list
Date Sun, 30 Jan 2011 01:15:38 GMT
On 1/29/11 11:26 PM, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'd like to propose (again) to close this api@ list.
Was it already proposed? I don't remember...
> It was created to work together with the OpenDS guys on a new API. But
> unfortunately due to Oracle's acquisition of Sun this doesn't happen
> any more. Not sure if there will be a revival with ForgeRock/OpenDJ
> folks?
No idea.
> I think it is best to continue discussion about the API design at the
> dev@ list for several reasons:
> - the aim to create a vendor-neutral API failed, we just work on an
> Apache LDAP API
> - IMHO the API is/becomes a first-class citizen like ApacheDS or Studio
> - currently the API discussion is splitted, some discussion happens
> here, other discussions happen on the dev@ list

I think you are right. A also think that once the API is out, we may not
get that many mails about it. Plus we have a risk of having questions on
the dev and api mailing list, with some responses sant to the wrong list.
> Is anyone subscribed and still interested on this api@ list but not on
> the dev@ list and would appreciate to continue API dicussions here?

+1.Or at list, make it dormant. We can rescucitate it later, if needed.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message